Maric & Co Selected as a Legal Service Provider of INA Grupa Companies

Maric & Co Law Firm has been recently selected in a panel as a preferred service provider of INA Grupa companies within the MOL Group program of external legal services.

Albanian Government Passes Detailed Rules on Concessions/PPPs

The Albanian Government has recently passed a decision with rules that are necessary for the implementation of the legal framework on concessions/PPPs.

Call for Technology Specific RES Tenders - July 2020

Authors: Gus J. Papamichalopoulos, Konstantinos Varelas, Manos Nimas, KG Law Firm The current support scheme for RES and CHP projects in Greece was introduced by virtue of Law 4414/2016 (hereinafter referred to as “RES Support Law”) in alignment with the EU Guidelines on State aid for Environmental Protection and Energy 2014 - 2020. The RES Support Law provides for the support of RES electricity production plants on the basis of operating aid in the form of a sliding feed-in premium added to the compensation received from the participation in the electricity market in order to reach a reference…

Law 4685/2020: A Promising Step to the Modernisation of Environmental Legislation

On 5 May 2020, the Greek Parliament passed the new environmental law “Μodernisation of the Environmental Legislation, incorporation of Directives 2018/844 and 2019/692 of the European Parliament and the Council into Greek legislation and other provisions”.

Romanian Energy Regulator vs. Romanian Gas Producers: Indirect Regulation of the Wholesale Prices for Romanian Gas

Setting natural gas prices, directly or indirectly, is already a tradition in Romania and 2020 is not an exception to the rule.

Renewable Energy Integration Project

The Renewable Energy Integration Project carried out by the Turkish Electricity Transmission Company (TEIAS) aims to enhance the transmission infrastructure to support the integration of wind power plants to the electricity transmission grid.

Hydroelectric Power Plants as a Start-up Project of the Domestic Economy

The current Slovenian Government coalition is committed to accelerating the deployment of hydropower plants on the middle Sava river and to start building the last hydroelectric power plant (Mokrice) on the lower Sava. These projects, which are also part of the national energy and climate plan, are supposed to help revive the Slovenian economy. Even though the concessionaire for hydroelectric power plants on the middle Sava was selected 15 years ago - the company Holding Slovenske elektrarne (HSE) - the concession agreement has not yet been signed.  The construction of the Mokrice hydroelectric…

Belene Nuclear Power Plant

At the end of 2019, the state announced that the officially shortlisted candidates to begin negotiations with include Atomenergoprom, China National Nuclear Corporation, Korea Hydro Nuclear Power Corporation, Framatome and General Electric.

Possible Sale of a State-owned Petrochemical Company

HIP Petrohemija a.d. is a state-owned petrochemical company based in Pančevo (north Serbia) with 76% of the stake owned by the Republic of Serbia and the remaining 24% - by Naftna Industrija Srbije a.d. (Serbian oil company owned by Gazpromneft).

Financing Construction of Maestrale Ring Wind Farm

Maestrale Ring will be built in the northern part of Serbia, close to the town of Subotica. The project is worth EUR 700 million and is developed by Fintel Energija company. Maestrale ring, with a power of 600 MW, is envisaged to be the biggest wind farm in this part of Europe. Construction of the wind farm should start in 2022.  

Call for Joint RES Tender - April 2020

The current support scheme for RES and CHP projects in Greece was introduced by virtue of Law 4414/2016 in alignment with the EU Guidelines on State aid for Environmental Protection and Energy 2014 - 2020.

Possible Sale of the National Electric Utility Power Company

The national electric company Elektroprivreda Srbije is to transform from a public company to a joint stock company in the second half of 2020. The transformation of the national company is considered as a step towards the sale of the entire company or one of its sections. Elektroprivreda Srbije has been struggling with operational efficiency and as such it represents a burden for the state budget. There is no precise estimation of its value, but according to speculations, Elektroprivreda Srbije with its entire property that includes, machinery, mines, transmission system and business space is…